|To Leave or Stay? Decisions in Fargo|
|Written by Sherry|
|Thursday, 26 March 2009 06:09|
For nasty spring weather, Fargo is currently taking the prize.
Norm, a junior and RA at North Dakota State University in Fargo, writes at God is With Us:
The facts are that Fargo has 12 miles of sandbag dikes right now. If any part of the dike fails, that spells huge trouble as the record water levels will flow into virtually every part of the city. Even if the dike holds up to the Crest, the river could be at the level for between 3 and 7 days, which could take a toll on the structures. I am just not that optimistic right now that everything will be fine here on campus. We are only 12 blocks from the river, only about 8 blocks know that the flooding has started. If the dike fails, I am going to be under water because I am on first floor.
So my dilemma is this: do I leave or do I stay? On the one hand, it would be much safer for me to be miles away from here. On the other hand, if disaster strikes it would be important for me to be here to support my residents and those of the community who are in need. Who knows, maybe this is even the specific reason God put me back in RJ. Maybe he put me here for the sole purpose of being here when catastrophe rolls in because I know I would have left if I was still living at the house. But again, just thinking about the images of past disasters just makes me want to be nowhere near here.
Please pray for me as I contemplate this decision.
Pray for Norm and all in the Fargo area who are contemplating such decisions: for guidance and protection.