Written by Sherry
Monday, 26 November 2007 08:07
Friday January 18 - Saturday January 19
There is going to be a fun, educational, 2-day workshop on singing and learning about Sacred Music that will leave you inspired and spiritually uplifted: January 18 -19, 2008 at St. Mary’s Cathedral at the foot of Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs.
This Practicum on Gregorian Chant and Choral Polyphony provides a valuable introduction, as well as continued education and information, for all who are active and interested in the sacred music of the Catholic Church.
Hosted by the Diocese of Colorado Springs and under the direction of Dr. Horst Buchholz and Scott Turkington, the workshop will feature:
Singing sessions in sacred choral music and polyphony by Palestrina, Victoria, Byrd, and others
* Instruction in singing chant and reading Gregorian notation
* Singing sessions on the essential Latin chants every Catholic should know
* Dinner on Friday night and lunch on Saturday
* Sheet music as part of registration
* Lectures dealing with pertinent topics related to sacred music in the liturgy
* Fellowship with other musicians in the region
* SPECIAL GIFTS: 2 books (Introduction to Gregorian Chant & Basic Chant Collection for practical use)
The workshop culminates with a closing mass on Saturday at 4:00 pm at St. Mary’s Cathedral, the Most Rev. Michael Sheridan presiding.
To sign up, go here